Monday, January 10, 2011

I completed reading a book!



It has been a long time since I actually completed reading a book.  I’m always too busy and never have time to read.  I’m still busy and the Kindle didn’t miraculously add more time to my day.  It is the convenient features (see previous blog) of the Kindle that enabled me to read more frequently and finally complete this book.

For the first book, I chose Siddhartha by Herman Hesse.  The last time I read this book I was 17.  Reading it at this age was a completely different experience. With the Kindle I was able to highlight and share these notes on facebook (or just reflect after).

If I didn’t have a Kindle I wouldn’t even have read this book since it wasn’t new to me.   But the free classic download (many classics on Kindle are free to download…even Tolstoy) led me to read it.

Prior to owning a Kindle  I didn’t completely get it.   I’m so glad I have one and I can start to enjoy reading again!

Now what do I do with the two hard cover books in progress?  They do look good on a bookshelf








Contents are protected by the U.S. Copyright act and may not be duplicated or redistributed.  All contents are owned by BlogToTheNextOne ©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment