Sunday, March 6, 2011

2011 A Canine Odyssey

Sylar on  the 2011 Canine Odyssey

We have the first scene from 2001 Space Odyssey happening at home.  I recently bought a new type of kong toy.  It looks like the usual kong toy-but it’s huge and not for chewing.  You put treats in it and there is a small opening on the side.  The point is to roll it around and at the right angle the treats fall out. 

The monolith

So I added the favorite dog treats inside.  Once unrolled, I felt like I was watching the monolith scene (with the apes) from the movie.  After wondering what it was (yet they could smell treats)-they treated it like it was a totally alien object.  The largest dog (Athena) tried to dominate it by sitting by it.  She didn’t quite get it, but had to dominate it.  I showed them that treats fall out of it.  They still  kept looking at it, as if it was the monolith in 2001 Space Odyssey.  After I did some ‘refereeing,’ Sylar (smallest dog) is the most curious and is constantly trying to figure out what to do with this.  I wonder if Sylar will invent a tool now…..






Contents are protected by the U.S. Copyright act and may not be duplicated or redistributed.  All contents are owned by BlogToTheNextOne ©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment